COVID-19: Since the Governor of Arizona has released the mask mandate, Maricopa Unified School District has also allowed us to go back to pre-covid guidelines. Although we are free to meet with no restrictions, we still do recommend wearing masks and socially distancing. We are not requiring masks but if you do feel more comfortable wearing one, please do. We still are spreading chairs out and socially distancing. As also are – for the time being – still keeping things lighter than normal when it comes to DISCOVER KIDS / DC YOUTH. They will not be meeting during the service. For younger kids (under 8 years of age) we do have an area for them to go so parents can be apart of the main service.
PRAYER CHAIN: You can always fill out the yellow cards on Sunday to let us know how we can pray for you. We want to pray for you in the storm but also celebrate with you in the victories! But, things don’t always happen just on the weekends. You can always email us at PRAYERANDPRAISE@discovercommunity.net to let our team know how we can pray for you. If you would like to be added to the prayer chain, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: Prayer Chain.
YOUTH MINISTRY: Youth meets on Monday’s at 6:30pm at the Hyde residence. Email email@example.com for address.
WOMEN’S MINISTRY: Women are meeting Wednesday nights at 7pm at the Brunn residence. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for address.
MEN’S MINISTRY: April 16th!!!! 6pm at the Kuhn residence. Email email@example.com for address.
OFFERINGS: Giving is an act of worship that when practiced in cooperation with the Holy Spirit will form us into Christ’s likeness. At Discover Community, our offerings are freely given out of thanksgiving to God for His daily blessings. Our prayer is that God opens our hearts to become a generous people that we can do amazing and crazy things to grow the kingdom of God. Though giving does sustain many practical functions of the church, its primary purpose is to align our hearts with Christ. To make giving easier, we have 4 WAYS TO GIVE!
- Offering basket on Sunday morning – located on the table in the front.
- Mail it to the church office. Address located on https://www.discovercommunity.net/giving/.
- Give online – using the GIVE button located at the top-right of our website. It will open up a window, you can login (or create a login), find Discover Community Church, and then set the amount you want to give.
- Give via App – you can go to the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) and find the TITHE.LY app. Takes 30 seconds to download and install. Once installed open it. You can login (or create a login), find Discover Community Church, and then set the amount you want to give.
Find out more information at https://www.discovercommunity.net/giving/
SERVING OPPORTUNITIES: Several opportunities to serve – although scaled back a bit for now. Let us know in person on Sunday’s, fill out a comment card, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: Serving – to let us know if you would like to find out more about these ministries or would like to serve in one of these areas.
- PRAYER CHAIN – each Sunday people submit prayer requests to be prayed over during the week. The requests are sent by email to those on prayer chain.
- SIGNS – Five signs are placed in close proximity to Discover Worship Center each week. Volunteers are needed to put these signs out on Saturdays and picking them up on Sunday afternoons.
- SET UP / PACK UP – Always looking for volunteers to help with unloading and setting up church and loading the church trailer after worship.
FRY’S COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM – When you shop at Fry’s, you can help support our church! A portion of your purchase will be donated to Discover when you register your Fry’s VIP card online at www.FrysFood.com and use the code NPO#99730. Watch your email this week for another way to support Discover Community! Thanks for supporting Discover!