SERVING OPPORTUNITIES: Several opportunities to serve. Contact Pastor Mike if you would like to find out more about these ministries and would like to serve in on of these areas.
- PRAYER CHAIN – each Sunday people submit prayer requests to be prayed over during the week. The requests are sent by email to those on prayer chain. Commitment: to spend time praying for these requests during the week.
- SIGNS – Five signs are placed in close proximity to Discover Worship Center each week. Volunteers are needed to put these signs out on Saturdays and picking them up on Sunday afternoons.
- PRAY-ERS – After church each Sunday we offer a time to pray with others. Sometimes people have an urgent need; other times they want prayer because they know where two or three are gathered, Jesus hears our prayers as we seek His will for our lives. Commitment: 1 to 2 Sundays per month.
- HOMES and/or LIFE GROUP LEADERS –Soon, we will begin weekly Life Groups. A time to get together for fellowship, study, and prayer. Commitment: Short-term or long-term – whatever fits into your schedule.
- REFRESHMENTS – Each Sunday we serve “goodies” at worship. Please sign up at the Resource Table if you would like to bring treats for our serving table.
- SET UP / PACK UP – Always looking for volunteers to help with unloading and setting up church and loading the church trailer after worship. Commitment: 1 to 2 times/month.
LIFE GROUPS – Coming Soon!!!
DISCOVER KIDS: is for children through 5th grade held each Sunday morning during the adult worship time.
PRAYER: If you need someone to pray with or talk to, come to the right side of the worship area during the closing worship time. You can have your prayer request placed on our prayer chain; please fill out a yellow card, place it in the offering basket, and we will pray for your need. Note: your prayer request is confidential whether it is through the prayer chain or prayed over in our prayer corner.
OFFERINGS: At Discover Community, our offerings are freely given out of thanksgiving to God for His daily blessings. Your generous regular offerings help Discover’s ongoing ministry “That All May Know Jesus!”
WOMEN’S MINISTRY: To be announced soon.
MEN’S MINISTRY: To be announced soon.
DON’T FORGET: when you miss a Sunday, the work goes on here at church. Expenses remain the same. Please consider “catching up” on your offering to the Lord for the Sundays you miss! We have experienced a significant decline in offerings due to vacations, etc.
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS: Remember to pray for our missionaries and their families: Keith and Sarah Neigenfind in Thailand and Mark and Lindsay Porter in Ocean Beach, CA (church plant). Not only do we want to support them through financial gifts but through praying for them and building relationships. Words of encouragement mean a lot, especially for those sharing Jesus with others a long way from home, family, and friends. If you would like to give our missionary families words of encouragement, here is their contact information:
- Email for Keith and Sarah: email@example.com Check out their blog: http://neigenfindsinthailand.blogspot.com
- Email for the Porters: firstname.lastname@example.org Regeneration Church website: http://www.regenerationsd.com
FRY’S COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM – When you shop at Fry’s, you can help support our church! A portion of your purchase will be donated to Discover when you register your Fry’s VIP card online at www.FrysFood.com and use the code NPO#99730. Watch your email this week for another way to support Discover Community! Thanks for supporting Discover!